I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed. The last couple days have not been good in terms of diet or working out. It's that time of the month, which meant Thursday I woke up and was completely bloated. This is never good for my state of mind, as I feel like if I'm already feeling and looking completely fat, what's the point of eating healthy. Stupid, I know, but that's how my mind works. I've skipped working out every day since Wednesday... I managed to eat pretty well during those days, but not so well for dinner. And yesterday was a complete failure.
I think I've got myself back into the mindset of getting back on track today. Although the thought of getting back into the gym after almost a week off and several days of not eating so well is daunting.
I read the Harcombe Diet book yesterday, which is the diet I mentioned in my last post. I'm torn about whether to start it or not. It's not really that different than what I've been doing, but there would be a few changes. I've read some blogs about the diet and some people say they've lost a lot of weight in the first induction phase, but some people didn't. And a lot of people say that even when they lost weight in the first week, they lost nothing in the next couple weeks after. So I don't know.
Then I was reading health magazines this morning and I just feel like all of the information is overwhelming. Some people say eat nuts, some people don't. Some people say cut out dairy, some people say it's needed. Articles say that certain fats are needed, but the amount and foods to eat are really specific (but vary from article to article) and it just feels like it's so hard to keep up with it all. I think I need to just throw it all out of my mind and just get back to what I was doing. I mean, it was working. Maybe not as quickly as I'd like, but I also wasn't sticking to it as strictly as I probably should. But really, until the bloating started, I was feeling pretty positive about it. So I guess I'm just going to stick to what I've been doing, as I'm at least comfortable with it and therefore, it will be easier to stick with rather than trying to start something new.
I don't know. I've been really moody this week, too. I don't typically have really bad "female" symptoms, but this month seems to be a bad one. Hopefully things will be looking brighter by the middle of the week. I'll just try to take it one minute at a time until then.
As I always say, I think you just have to find what really works for YOU. Everyone is totally different.
ReplyDeleteNuts might work for some people, but not for others (wow, that sounds like an innuendo...lol). Lots of diets I read about say to snack on nuts, etc, but they actually tend to bloat me out a LOT, so I try to stay away from them...even though I've gotten into a phase where I really like them lately...damn.
Sounds like what you've been doing is working pretty well. I know what you mean about being bloated and having that kill all your willpower though. I've been dealing with that for over a week straight and it's driving me insane. I've been really good at working out, too, but the bloating wont go awayyyy. Ugh. My stomach is definitely hating me right now. I probably need a good few days of SUPER strict, flat-out, detox, but I really haven't had the willpower yet.
Good luck!
Yeah, I kind of feel like nuts bloat me out a little bit, too. But they also seem like a good alternative to chips or other snacks like that, so I'm not sure if I want to cut them out completely.
ReplyDeleteI think we both have an issue with bloating! It's so annoying. I swear, the day I ran 10 miles for my marathon training, I was SO bloated. Like, really? I refuse to feel fat on a day when I eat healthy and run 10 miles! lol Argh!
Yeah...I think GI issues might run in our family. *shrug*
ReplyDeleteI remember up until just a few years ago, I didn't even know what bloating WAS. LOL. I would hear people talk about it, or being bloated on their period or something, and I had no idea what they really meant. *headdesk*
ReplyDelete