I apologize for being so horrible about posting on this thing lately! It seems like every time I think about posting, I either don't have time or I'm just really not in the mood. And when I have the time, I just forget! So sorry!
Thankfully, my lack of blogging has not meant that I've been slacking on the diet/exercise regimen as well. I've had some ups and downs, but I have actually been pretty consistent. Even times when I've felt like I wanted to just forget about the whole diet for a little bit, it's only lasted for a meal, or (one time) a day at the most. For me, that's pretty good. As usually if I have a cheat "day," it turns in to a cheat week...or month...or what diet?
So I'm feeling pretty good. I've been going fairly consistently since February 1st. And I'm pretty sure I'm the thinnest I've been since I gained the weight back beginning of last year after I came back from LA. I still feel like I should be further ahead than I am. But I have been a little looser than I typically am about letting myself indulge in things every day or two. This probably is part of the reason that I've been able to stick with it so long, because I haven't been so intense. But at the same time, I feel like if I tighten things up just a little, I'll see much better results.
I've been tweaking my diet a little bit. Still sticking with the whole food/low carb/low fat approach. But I have started adding in a few low carb fruits (mainly citrus and berries), and I've started to get back to juicing. I'm experimenting with adding some fruits into the juices, as I got a bit tired of pure vegetable juice. I made a grapefruit, orange, and spinach juice this morning, which was delicious! I also ordered a book online, which should be here this week, by Zoe Harcombe. It's basically a take on Atkins, but I think she allows for a little more carbs. And apparently her induction process (which is only 5 days) typically allows you to lose 3-5 pounds! She says that one person in a study lost 17! So I'm kind of excited to try it.
And lastly, my leg has finally healed enough where I've been able to get back to a normal exercise routine! I feel like I'm still trying to get my mind back to where it was when I hurt myself, as I don't feel quite as motivated and excited about running as I did then. I guess it helped to have such a definitive goal back then. But it's getting better. And my stamina had felt really low the last few weeks (I think due to the fact that my body was still trying to heal my knee - or, my iliotibial band if you want to get technical), but it has gotten much better over the last week, so that makes it much more enjoyable to run.
So that's about all that's going on in the world of Emily's Get Back to LA Weight world. I'll try to be better about posting regularly!
No comments:
Post a Comment