Sunday, June 17, 2012

Juice Fast: Day 2

So today didn't go as smoothly as yesterday. I ended up cheating a bit and eating something for dinner. Boo! BUT I'm not going to let that deter me. I got right back on track after that and will continue on.

It's so stupid because I really have not been hungry. My headache ended up getting pretty bad last night, but I woke up feeling fine and didn't ever have a headache or feel weak or tired or anything all day. So why did I cheat? Because I use food for purposes way beyond it's intended use. And I need to figure out a way to solve that.

I feel pretty guilty about cheating, but I am going to keep going, so at least I didn't decide to throw in the towel completely. And if I can continue on for 10 days, I'll still have 8 straight days of fasting. So I think I'll be ok.

Plus, I have gone to the gym two days in a row, which has (sadly) gotten to be a record around here. I ran and did strength training yesterday and then went to a power yoga class today. Power yoga is basically like normal yoga, only a little harder and more fast paced, so it causes you to sweat more. I'm going to wait and see how I feel throughout the fast to decide whether I'll workout throughout. But so far I've been ok. Unfortunately, I seem to have strained something in my neck yesterday at the gym, and I can barely even turn my head from side to side. So I'm not sure if I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Anyway I feel like I kind of an idiot for cheating, but I can only pick up and move forward from here. So I'm going to try not to let it get me down. I'll have better news tomorrow (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment