I didn't have a chance to blog last night, but yesterday marked the beginning of me getting back on the wagon. It's seriously depressing how horrible I am looking these days. And not even just my weight. I saw a picture of myself the other day from last year at this time. And I couldn't stop looking at it because I seriously looked like a different person. And not because I was thinner (I probably wasn't much thinner at the time, and it wasn't even a full body shot or anything), but because I looked so happy and healthy. My skin was glowing, my eyes were bright, my hair looked shiny. These days when I look in the mirror (lately I feel like I pretty much try to avoid them at all costs), I look so horrible. My eyes look dull, my skin looks tired...there's just nothing vibrant. And I'm sure that is mostly because of the horrible crap I've put in my body over the last several months. It has to stop now. It's past the point of ridiculous.
I worked out yesterday. It's always depressing to see how far my stamina has fallen since I started getting lazy. And while afterward I was happy I went, it was also hard to feel proud or motivated when I'm so far down in the hole. But I'm not going to let that deter me. I'm going to keep going. There is only one way out of this. I did 48 minutes of intervals, 4.2 miles, and burned 425 calories. Not bad.
Breakfast: Carrot juice. Lunch: Salad with avocado and a sweet potato. Dinner: Salad, eggs, and okra. Snacks: Two squares of dark chocolate.
Anyway, I'm off to work. I'll post tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment