Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yesterday's Post

Didn't have a chance to post yesterday...

I had to stay at work really late, so I didn't work out...still technically COULD have, but didn't. Boo. I was also very close to just forgetting the whole diet thing. Ugh. I wish  I could find that devotion and motivation that comes only sometimes. Sometimes it feels so easy to be on a diet, but other times it's like every second is a battle. Anyway, I ended up feeling guilty, so while I slipped a little bit, I pretty much stuck to the plan.

I decided to make Eggs Benedict for Grant for dinner because the night before we were watching Master Chef and that's what they had to make in the challenge. They looked so good, so I figured I'd give it a try! The hollandaise sauce still needs some work, but not bad for a first try. And Grant was thoroughly impressed, so I felt good. :) Since I decided I was going to be healthy, I substituted grilled tomatoes for the ham and sauteed spinach for the english muffin. Not bad!

Mine on the left, and Grant's more classic version on the right.
So food for yesterday was:

Breakfast: Tea and a chocolate chip cookie someone brought to work (boo!)
Lunch: Salad, a sweet potato, and green beans
Snacks: 1 square of dark chocolate
Dinner: Healthy Eggs Benedict

Today I'm still not really feeling this whole thing. On my lunch break I was very close to "cheating." I had decided to go to Arbys. Then while I was walking to my car, I decided I'd choose Subway instead, because at least it would be a little healthier. Then once I was in the car, I felt bad, so I ended up just going to the store and getting some club soda to drink with the lunch I packed. (I'm kind of obsessed with club soda lately...don't know why, but it's good!) So I'm happy I did that, but I still don't really feel any more motivated to continue with my healthy eating the rest of the day. And I'm really not in the mood to workout either. Ugh! I just want my motivation back. It's just not there...it hasn't clicked again for me, and I don't know what to do until it does. I hate feeling like I have so little control over it, but it's just hard to stick with this for any period of time if you're feeling so unmotivated about it.

I will try to continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment