Saturday, March 3, 2012

Status

Ok, just a quick update.

I had to take the whole week off running, which was extremely difficult and frustrating! I hate when I actually WANT to work out and I can't because of an injury. But my leg is feeling quite a bit better, so I think I'm going to give it one more day of rest tomorrow and then attempt to get back to my training on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers that running won't make it worse again AND that my stamina won't have completely disappeared over the last week.

Other than that, things are going pretty good. I'm proud of myself for not letting the injury affect my diet at all. Sometimes it's easy to feel like there's no point if I can't work out and I might as well just take off on the diet while I'm recovering. But I have not done that at all. In fact, I think I've been a little more strict with myself since I know I'm not burning any calories through running. And I am continuing to see progress in the mirror, so I'm feeling pretty good!

I didn't end up weighing myself on Wednesday because it's that time of the month and I felt like the number might be skewed because of that. I didn't want the number on the scale to discourage me when I can SEE that I'm losing. So I figured I'll hold off until next Wednesday. Still, I'm pretty excited to see my progress on the scale!

Anyway, I'll post next week. Hopefully all will go well and I'll be right back into training!

No comments:

Post a Comment