Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Little at a Time

Today was a pretty good day. I set my alarm to get up and run before I had to work this morning. Unfortunately, I didn't get up. My  muscles were SO sore from the class on Wednesday, I was exhausted, and on top of all that, I slept horribly and had a lot of bad dreams, so I woke up just feeling kind of depressed. All excuses, I know. But bottom line is, I didn't get up. I decided I would just go after work. I worked until about 4, then came home and ate lunch/dinner. My room mate asked if I wanted to walk over to a frozen yogurt place, so I figured I would do that and then go running. We ended up walking to Best Buy first and then to the yogurt place. We sat outside and talked for a while and then walked home, so it was dark and pretty late by the time we got back. Bottom line, I didn't end up going to run afterward. I mapquested the walk and it was about 2.5 miles, so that's not bad, but not great either. I used to run/walk 4-5 miles on the treadmill, so walking 2.5 feels like it's not enough. But it's definitely better than nothing. And I'll be doing my bootcamp workout in the morning.

As far as food goes, I did much better today. I had a shake in the morning before work. Then got home and had my spinach salad again. I looked up the calories for the frozen yogurt before we left on our walk. It's 34 calories per ounce. I was aiming for about 1/2 a cup (136 calories), but I think I probably ended up putting more like a cup. It was kind of hard to tell in the size of the containers they have (this place lets you fill up your own cup with yogurt and add toppings. Then they just weigh it at the end to determine the price). So I'll figure I put about a cup (272) and then I filled it with a bunch of fresh fruit. I'll consider the whole thing about 300 calories because I don't really count fruits and vegetables too much in the calorie count (especially if they're fruits that are considered "negative calorie" by some nutritionists). I probably shouldn't have had the yogurt at all. But I figured that it was a decently healthy thing for a splurge, and within my calorie limit, so it was ok. And in between Best Buy and the yogurt place my roommate decided to stop and get a slice of pizza. Although the pizza place smelled delicious, I didn't get anything! Score! Since I got home, all I've had was an orange, so calorie-wise I'm probably too low since that tends to keep me from losing weight a lot of times. Which really annoys me! I eat too much - I gain weight. I eat too little - I don't lose weight. Seriously body?? I realize it's the whole your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat thing, but it pisses me off. It's not like if I eat way too much my body goes into anti-starvation mode and starts burning fat like crazy! Oh, cruel world. haha. Anyway, I may have another shake before I go to bed....

I weighed myself this morning and  I'm actually quite a bit less than I thought I would be. And a little less than I was the last time I weighed. I feel good about that except it goes back to what I was saying yesterday - a lot of times the number on the scale doesn't make a lot of sense. Because I feel quite a bit heavier than I did the last time I was at my current weight, so I'm not sure why that is. Maybe I had more muscle before than I do now? Or maybe it's just because I've been bloated lately due to my horrible eating (and it's also about that time of the month) and so I just look heavier even though I'm actually not. Who knows. Either way, I guess it's kind of nice to know that maybe I don't have as much to lose as I thought. But we'll see.

Tomorrow is my first day off in 8 days. And only my second day off in 17! So I'm pretty excited. Exercise class in the morning, then probably a nap, and then to do some much-needed laundry, room cleaning, car cleaning, and errands. Will probably pick up some more fruits and vegetables as well.

I feel pretty positive about my mindset at the moment. I feel like I'm in a good place to get this started, so let's hope that I can continue on that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment