I'm feeling great! I ran my five miles today, and I made definite plans with my friend to run 8 miles on Saturday. I was feeling like I was really behind in general, but also like I really needed to catch up with my friend. Well, turns out she didn't run last Saturday for the same reason I didn't (we got too drunk the night before. Ha!) and she has only done up to 5 miles at this point. So we are both totally on the same track. Granted, she has done this before and generally runs a lot more than I do, but I still feel much better that I'm not way behind her. We are really only supposed to run 7 miles this week based on what we have done so far, but we are running with the Little Rock Marathon training group on Saturday, and since the Little Rock marathon is about 3 weeks before the Dallas marathon, the half marathon runners are scheduled to run 8 this week. So we just figured we would "go the extra mile," so to speak. :) I'm a bit nervous because the farthest I've EVER run straight was 8 miles and I only did it once and it was a little over 2 years ago. So I am definitely nervous to run that far. Especially since even doing 4 and 5 miles at this point is still a challenge. But I'm excited for it!
So I had to go to Sports Academy today to get a water bottle belt before the run on Saturday. While I was there, I figured what could make a girl more motivated to do something than to buy a new outfit for it?? So I bought some new workout apparel! Much needed really, since I haven't bought work out clothes in years. And it definitely made me feel more geared up for my run tonight! I bought a cute workout tank that has a built in sports bra. Also some sweat pants, which really aren't for working out. But they were on sale and they will be the perfect comfy thing to get into AFTER my run. And my favorite - a long sleeved Adidas zip-up. $50.00 marked down to $19.99!
 |
| Me after my run in my new gear! :) |
Anyway I'm feeling really good. I had a really crappy day at work, and by the time I left I just wanted to grab some take-out and spend the rest of the night on the couch. But some self-encouragement (and a shopping trip) stopped me. I also have been doing good on my diet. Had a healthy dinner last night and then even went to a bar and avoided drinking. Today, I had a shakes for breakfast and lunch and I'm about to make some ground turkey with tomato sauce, green beans, and a salad. Yum!
Next time I'm feeling down, will someone PLEASE remind me how much better I feel after only a few days of betting back on track?? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment