Well I didn't have a great weekend and was expecting to have a snow day today, but the weather severely disappointed me. So it hasn't been a great start to the week. I've been pretty emotional lately and I've been trying to avoid giving into the junk food craving.
Unfortunately, I gave in a little today. BUT at the same time, I am proud of myself. Normally if I'm going to cheat on my diet, I figure, might as well just eat whatever I want all day and skip working out, too. And while I was tempted, I didn't. I had planned to get together with a friend after work and watch a cheesy reality show and snack on some junk food. But instead of just letting the whole day go out the window, I still stayed on track. I had a shake for breakfast and lunch and then ran 4 miles after work. So yes, I ate some chips and dip and a couple of cookies as my "dinner." But, that's it. In the long run, I don't think it's going to affect me too much.
Still, I wish I hadn't. Especially since I have to weigh myself on Wednesday. But I'll definitely be good tomorrow and hopefully I won't see too big of an affect on the scale. I figure that I'm running enough where it's possible I'm not actually eating enough. So, while this might just be a justification, maybe my body will actually benefit from getting a few extra calories one day.
But that's all it is! One day. I've already trashed any left overs from the "pig out" session, so I'm not going to let this carry over into tomorrow. Back on plan tomorrow for sure!
Anyway, that's about it I guess. I feel pretty good. I think I'm in a pretty healthy mindset. I'm not letting the guilt of it overwhelm me (which is usually what makes me give up completely) and I feel like I can continue on from here.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment