Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 1...again.

It's always hard starting over, but that didn't stop me. I was back in full force today.

It is depressing to see how out of shape I have become, but not surprising since I can't even remember the last time I worked out before today. But it doesn't matter, because every day it will only get better. I did 50 minutes of two minute walking/running intervals and weight exercises. While it was hotter than I would have liked outside, the humidity was low, so I can't complain. I much prefer running outside compared to on a treadmill.

You don't get this view from a treadmill!

As for food, I was good. I did a big grocery store trip today (but managed to  keep it relatively cheap), so I should be good for the next week or so.

Breakfast: Carrot juice
Lunch: Avocado Salad and a Sweet Potato
Dinner: Cod with Low-Sodium Soy Sauce and Garlic, and Carrots and Green Beans

On top of working out and grocery shopping, I did laundry, cleaned my apartment, and got some miscellaneous things done, so I stayed pretty much non-stop busy for the majority of the day. It didn't leave a lot of time for snacking and I didn't even end up eating lunch until about 5:30. Keeping busy is definitely a good diet tip!

I've been thinking about how I spend too much time thinking about the past and wishing I had done things differently. Wishing I had stuck with my diet, or wishing I had gotten back on track months ago. So my new mantra is "Live in the Future." I'm going to start focusing on what I'll wish I had done TODAY in two months from now. And then do it. I think I made a good start today.

I have to say, I am pretty exhausted! I'm sure my body is pissed at me for treating it the way I have the last several months and then all of a sudden expecting it to handle everything I put it through today. But as hard as it was and as tired and out of shape as I felt, I also feel great. I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment