Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snap Out of It

I couldn't post last night because I was without a car and had to stay at a friend's house.

There's not much good to write anyway....it's been a week since I worked out and I've eaten badly the last few days. I just can't seem to snap myself back into the right mindset. I could go running right now, but I just don't want to. Mostly because I know if I do, I'll feel completely out of shape and horrible because of how I've eaten for the last week or so. Is that a reason not to go and to continue eating badly? Absolutely not. But is that what my instinct tells me to do? Yes. Dumb.

I guess I'm going to try to slowly transition back into my old (and much better) ways. If I can try to eat at least decently today, then hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow morning and it will be easier to make myself run. We'll see.....

I just hate that my will power and motivation feel so out of my control. Sometimes I have it and I feel so focused on eating right and working out - even when I don't want to. But then in a snap, it's gone. And I don't know how to get it back.

Here's hoping I can figure it out before all of my work goes right out the window....

2 comments:

  1. It seems like we're all going through the same thing this month! Falling out of good habits, eating a bunch of junk, skipping exercise.. It's just a temporary bump in the road - plus you've got a lot of change going on right now and it's okay to take a break from the physical health and focus on the mental health for a while until you feel a little more settled again. It'll all come back together, don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just seems so stupid to "take a break," when that seems to mean erasing all of the work I did. It sucks! But it is kind of crazy how we all seemed to hit this bump at the same time. Hopefully we can all get ourselves back on track.

    ReplyDelete