Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ups and Downs

Sorry, I forgot to post last night.

It was an ok day. I was kind of up and down with my diet.... For some reason, no matter how unsatisfying unhealthy food is, it just has that pull sometimes.... so even though I didn't even enjoy my day off my diet that much, I woke up yesterday wanting to do it again. Ugh. And unfortunately, I had bought some frozen pancakes the day before, which were still in the freezer. Fail! So I ended up having those for breakfast....and a few leftover two-bite brownies.....FAIL! I suck.

Luckily, I came to my senses and threw all the remaining leftovers away afterward. Then I went running, which is extremely rare for me to do after I eat unhealthily. Usually I figure I've screwed my whole day anyway, so I might as well just start again tomorrow. This time I went running, did my abs and weights, and felt a million times better. Then I just had carrot juice for lunch to compensate a bit. For dinner, had an avocado salad and grilled mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes. So I did good....until, after dinner, when I was craving sweets so much. I don't know why! It's about to be that time of the month, so maybe that explains it...I don't know. But I ended up having some gummy bears and some frozen yogurt. :( Fail again!

Oh well. Calorie-wise, I may not have done too badly since, other than breakfast, my meals were mostly just vegetables. But it still wasn't a healthy day, and I need to figure out why I do this to myself! Even today, I can feel that pull to do it again. Ugh!!

My workouts have been tough lately, too. I think it's partly because I still have a cold, so that makes it really hard to breathe while I run. But mostly I think it's because I'm bored. I've been doing the same thing for about two months, I think. I need to switch it up and do something new, but I'm not sure what....  I wish I could afford to join a gym or take a class, but I definitely can't. So I don't know....I could go hike somewhere or something, but that's not going to be an everyday thing because it would just take too long to get anywhere. I'll have to think about it some more....

Anyway, I'm trying to invoke my will power to make sure this is a cheat-free day. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment