Well. What a day it was....
After working another nine hour day, I was exhausted. I came home, but decided I was definitely going to work out. The weather was beautiful today (finally no rain!), so I decided it would be a good day to run outside somewhere. I drove to a footbridge that crosses the Arkansas river, but for some reason the road to it was closed...not sure if the bridge was closed completely, or you just had to enter on the other side. But I didn't want to risk driving all the way to the other entrance (they are a good distance apart) just to find out they were both closed. So instead, I decided to run at this long stretch of road that has sidewalks, which is probably about five miles from my apartment. I parked my car in one of the parking lots at the end of it and got to it. It started out good. I felt really "light" and had a lot of energy. But there are a lot more hills on the road than I realized, and by the end of it I was totally beat. I ran the first 18 minutes straight, then did two minute intervals of running and walking after that up until 42 minutes. As I walked up to my car, I felt really good. My cardio was done for the day! I'd go back home and do my weight exercises and then make a nice dinner and relax. Except.....
I locked my keys in my car! Ugh!!! I hid them in there because I didn't want to carry them while I was running. But then I guess I just locked it out of habit. At first I thought, ok, no big deal...I'll call someone to come get me. I have a spare key that I keep in my purse, which was back at my apartment. Then I realize...wait. My phone is also in my car. Ugh! Then I decide, ok, no sweat...I'll just walk to a store or restaurant and use the phone there. Then I realize, even once I get back to my apartment, I can't get in because it's locked and my keys are in my car! Ugh!!! So I start walking to the closest place that will be open (which was probably about a mile away. At least I burned plenty of calories!). By this time it's about 8:00 and it's starting to get dark. Wonderful. So as I'm walking, I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do. I only know a handful of people's numbers off hand, and none of them are people who can easily help me out (either they were still at work or didn't live in Little Rock). And even once I get someone to pick me up, what do I do? So finally I decided to call someone and have them look up a number of someone in Little Rock. After waiting 45 minutes in the cold, I finally got picked up. Of course, the person who picked me up wasn't planning to have to do that, so I had to wait while he finished up what he was in the middle of. Finally I get back to my apt. complex, where my my friend (who lives in the next building) was home, thank God! We called maintenance...waited 20 minutes for them to call back, and got my apartment unlocked (for only one easy payment of $25!). I got my spare key, my friend drove me back to my car (remind me to do something really nice for her...), and hallelujah, I was no longer up a creek without a paddle! What an awful night.... That's what happens when you work out! lol.
After the horrible night, all I wanted to do was get some Chinese take out , watch TV, and go to bed. But I was determined not to let this awful sequence of events throw me off track. So I came home, made a healthy dinner, and now I am going to crawl in to bed and pass out!
Breakfast: Carrot juice. Lunch: Mixed green salad with beets and almonds, no dressing. (I went out for lunch with some co-workers and still managed to be really good! Points for me!) Dinner: Eggs with mushrooms and goat cheese, okra. Snacks: Oranges, baby carrots, and dark chocolate.
Good night!!
UGH! That sucks! Series of unfortunate events, that's for sure. No AAA?
ReplyDelete