Monday, December 20, 2010

The Day has Come!

I go home tomorrow! Woohoo!! I seriously can't believe it's finally here. I'm so excited!!

Today was my last workout before going home, and I must say, I finished with a bang (or should I say, a splash)! It was pouring rain (it's been pouring for 3 days straight and apparently is supposed to continue until Thursday!), it was cold, the park was extremely muddy, and the wind was blowing really hard. I was very tempted to just skip or do the yoga again, but I didn't want to do that on my last official day before vacation. So I went. I felt like I was running on some crazy obstacle course or something! I could tell my body was having to work extra hard just to balance in the mud and with the wind and everything. And it was definitely not easy mentally either. But I felt like it was kind of a testament to my dedication throughout this process, and I think that was pretty fitting on my last day. :)

Breakfast: Carrot and romaine juice. Lunch: Salad with avocado and tomatoes, sweet potato, baked carrots and beets. Dinner: Salad with tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini and squash "pasta" with organic pasta sauce and goat cheese. Snacks: Carrots and dark chocolate.

I'm going to try to post every night while I'm at home. I'm not going to stick hardcore to any kind of diet (it's Christmas, after all!), but I am going to try to make healthy choices when I can, and only splurge on things when I really want to or for special circumstances (like Tuesday night I know I'll be drinking, and I'm not going to worry about only drinking wine, etc.) rather than just because I can. We'll see how it goes. I'm also going to try to workout almost every day I'm there. Will probably take 1-2 days off. Hopefully posting here while I'm there will help keep me on track a bit!

Anyway, I'm off to finish up my packing and get to bed. Heading to the airport at 5:30 in the morning! Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment