It was a pretty good day. My foot wasn't feeling great today...I noticed I have a bruise around where it's hurting, so I think it's probably some kind of stress strain or something. I put ice on it a few times today, and it felt a lot better. I walked my normal route for my exercise today. I contemplated taking the day off so I could rest my foot completely, but it felt quite a bit better later in the day, and I tried to take it easy on the walk. I hate to miss a day of exercise! But I also don't want to make it worse.... Since my new week starts on Thursday, I'll definitely make that my skip day. But hopefully it's good enough to walk on tomorrow.
I was quite impressed with my cooking skills today. haha. For breakfast I had a shake and an orange. For lunch I made cashew encrusted chicken with a raspberry reduction and squash and zucchini "pasta" with a lemon garlic sauce. All my own idea and made without a recipe. Food Network - sign me up! :) It was delicious, too! The chicken with the cashew was perfect! And I'd forgotten how much I love cashews! The challenge will be not eating too many at at time of the ones I have left over! For dinner I made egg whites with sweet potato latkas. They didn't quite come out the way I wanted...not as browned as they should have been, I think because they weren't actually mashed with milk or cream or anything. Next time I may try cutting it up with my julienne peeler and cooking them more like hash browns. Either way, it was still delicious! Snacks: raspberries, strawberries, and a shake. I didn't eat much again today. After I got to 1300 calories I really didn't want to eat anything else. Hopefully I'm not eating too little....
I went to Target today to get some new running shoes, as I think that may be contributing to at least some of my foot and leg pain. I almost went crazy and bought a million things! They had a few Christmas things out and it totally got me in the Christmas spirit! I had to hold myself back from starting to buy people gifts! lol. It's a little early for that...and rent was due yesterday, so I don't need to be spending a bunch of extra money right now! I did buy a few holiday scented candles though, and a really cute thing to hang on the wall that says "And they lived happily ever after..." I also realized as I got to the checkout that I had 3 old gift cards with some random amounts on them. Saved me over $30! Sweet!
Anyway, I'm off to bed. 'Night!
You're freaking fancy! lol.
ReplyDeleteI feel you on the having to restrain yourself on Christmas shopping. I love Christmas, but I'm trying to hold off until cyber Monday for the discounts.