I was really tired when I got home from Thanksgiving dinner, so I figured my post could wait till morning.
It was an ok day, but it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving to me. Went to our friend's house where there were about 12 people. It was pretty fun. She has a really nice house with a gorgeous view of the city from her balcony. It's really awesome. A lot of us dressed up as pilgrims and indians for it, which was pretty fun (what can I say...we're theatre people!)
I weighed myself in the morning. I lost 1.2 pounds. Not as much as I feel like I should be losing in a week...but, it's better than not losing at all. I think I still need to increase my calories. Since I'm eating so many vegetables, I think that I may not be consuming enough calories. In the Weight Watchers program, most vegetables are zero points. I assume this is because your body burns about the same number of calories they contain just to digest them, so they don't really have much of an affect. So I'm going to start only counting some of the calories for the vegetables I'm eating rather than the whole amount. And I'm going to try to start eating more of the other foods. So I'm going to go get some nuts today and possibly some kind of whole grain bread or something. It's pretty tough to stick to non-processed/whole foods AND have to eat a lot of other things besides vegetables and fruits. I feel like I'm running out of food options!
I went running in the morning. I think I'm going to stick to my 3.8 miles of medium-intensity intervals and maybe go on a walk one day a week. Hopefully that will stop my body from feeling like I'm doing to much. Between that and increasing my calories, hopefully I'll lose more. I'll probably weigh myself again on Saturday to see how it's going.
I did awesome on my diet. I'm proud to say I did not eat anything that I didn't plan to eat, and nothing outside of my normal clean/non-processed diet. I didn't even have a bite of anything else. On Thanksgiving!! I'm pretty impressed with myself. haha.
Breakfast: Oatmeal. Lunch/Dinner: White meat turkey, green beans, carrots, sweet potato. Dessert: Baked apples with cinnamon. Snacks: Baby carrots and guacamole, goat cheese, peanut butter.
That's about it for now. I'll post later tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment