I have to say, this diet has certainly been a roller coaster! I was feeling really down yesterday because of being UP on the scale, and just not feeling thin. But I weighed myself this morning just so I would know exactly what weight I was at when I started the new detox diet, and I was down 1.6 pounds! What the heck? lol. I don't even know what to think about that...I definitely didn't lose 1.6 pounds in one day of going back to the diet I was doing before. So that makes me think I was really bloated or something the previous two days (which would also explain why I really wasn't looking very thin). So then I started to wonder if I should change my diet after all. But since I was only .2 pounds down from what I was on Thursday, I figured that still wasn't good for four days of dieting. So I stuck with the plan. But the whole thing still kind of confuses me! Oh well...I'm just happy to be back down again!
So I started the detox diet today. I was pretty excited to do something a little different! It's kind of a switch because a lot of the things I was eating, I can't anymore (like my favorite - peanut butter!) But I can eat some things that I wasn't allowing myself before (like dark chocolate, which I mentioned yesterday. And she says it's ok to have a glass of red wine every day. I won't do it that often, but once a week or something might be nice.) So it's kind of nice to be mixing things up a little. I tried to do this diet one time earlier this year. I stuck with it through lunch the first day. LOL. I just realized at the time that I was totally not in the right mindset to start a diet - especially one this hardcore! So I was a little afraid that I was going to feel like I couldn't stick with it this time either. However, obviously my mindset is completely different now and I've realized that I've become quite emotionally disconnected from food for the most part, which is something I never thought would happen! Not that there's no emotional response to seeing a brownie or apple pie (which has been sitting in our kitchen tempting me since Thursday night - leftovers from Thanksgiving. Ugh!), but it's just not like it used to be. I just feel like it's food and it's not that big of a deal. I'll eat what I need to eat to get my body where I want it to be, and if it's not my favorite thing in the world, oh well.
Part of the problem the last time I did this diet was that I screwed up some of the recipes. Most are recipes for 4 people, so I was changing them to make just one serving, but I would forget at times, so I kind of screwed them up. Also, the author is really big on juicing (which is what you have for breakfast every morning on the diet) and I misunderstood the recipe for the juice last time, so it came out awful! This time, I was much more careful!
I bought a juicer yesterday. Not a nice one by any means (since they cost about $150), but a decent one. Spent more than I should have, but I really like the idea of fresh vegetable and fruit juices, so I know I'll continue to use it even once I'm done being so hardcore on this diet.
Breakfast: Homemade juice made up of romaine lettuce, kale, lemon, and a little bit of stevia sweetener (SO much better when you actually follow the recipe correctly! Quite good actually!) Lunch: Salad with romaine, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic,cinnamon, and oregano, a carrot and avocado soup, and baked beets. Dinner: Salad with romaine, tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, oregano, and lemon juice, salmon with a soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil marinade, and green beans. Snacks: Baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and dark chocolate.
The food was really good, and I never really felt hungry in between meals. I ended up not getting a chance to have lunch until about 5. Before then I'd only had the juice and carrots and cherry tomatoes for a snack, and I wasn't even really hungry! And the book says you can have 2-4 oz of dark chocolate after dinner each day (has to be 68% or higher cocoa content), which is a TON. I bought a chocolate bar that was 3.2 ounces, and I felt like it was so much! I kept checking the book to make sure I could really eat the whole thing! haha.
So I'm feeling really good about this! Now I just hope I see results when I weigh on Thursday.
I went running my 3.8 miles of intervals this morning and did my weight and ab exercises.
And that's about it! Until tomorrow!
I've always wanted a really really nice juicer. My friend has one that's so nice that it will liquefy AND heat veggies into a creamy soup. yummmm.
ReplyDelete