Thursday, November 18, 2010

Arghh!

I weighed myself this morning and I was exactly the same as I've been the last two weeks. What the heck? I don't get it....it really made me frustrated. But luckily, I didn't let it derail my motivation. While it's tempting to just say forget it, and eat whatever I want, I know for a fact that I won't lose weight that way. So my only choice was to try to figure out what I might be doing wrong. I did some research on the internet. I think I might be eating too much fruit...even though it's natural sugar, it sounds like I might be consuming too much with the amount of fruit I've been eating. So I'm cutting back on that. Also, I think I maybe need to consume some more healthy fat. So I bought some guacamole today that's made up of all whole ingredients.

I also looked up some stuff about running too much in case that's causing a problem. I read something that says if you run a lot, your body can start storing fat because it's preparing for all the fat you burn while you're running. So it ends up having a negative effect. The article suggested doing constant intervals - high intensity for 60-90 seconds and then resting. So that's what I did today. I went 3.8 miles - running pretty much as fast as I could for 90 seconds (and sometimes for only 60 seconds) and then walking 1-2 minutes in between. It was really, really hard. I didn't think it would be that bad since I'm used to more constant running. But I was running a lot faster than I do when I'm doing my normal routine, so I was beat! It was frustrating because I just feel like I shouldn't have to work that hard...I mean, who has ever heard of running making you gain weight?? And I just wanted to enjoy my normal run rather than having to look at my watch constantly to see if I needed to start running again or walk, etc. So it was tough. But if it works, I'll be happy.

So for my diet, I'm cutting back on fruit, adding some more healthy fats, and I'm also going to try adding in a few whole grains. Breakfast: Oatmeal and an orange. Lunch: Sweet potato and green beans. Dinner: Egg whites with goat cheese and mushrooms and tomatoes on the side. Snacks: Carrots and guacamole, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, and bringing the snacks I packed last night to the midnight showing of Harry Potter - raw squash and the freeze dried fruit.

I'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow and Saturday morning to see if I lose anything. Obviously I won't lose a lot in one or two days, but if I stay exactly the same then I guess I'll see about making some more adjustments. I just don't want to waste another week of not losing weight! I felt really down about it earlier because I just feel like I'm working so hard and doing everything right! I'm eating SO healthy - how the heck can I not be losing weight? And even the things I've adjusted don't necessarily seem like they would be enough to keep me from losing altogether (except maybe the exercise), so I don't know....I just feel like every time I actually stick with a plan, my body decides it doesn't want to lose weight! So frustrating! I am proud of myself for not giving up though. If anyone has any suggestions about what they think I might be doing wrong, or any other adjustments I can make, please let me know! :)

Anyway - I'm off to go see Harry Potter in a bit. Hopefully I won't fall asleep...! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment