I didn't post last night because I wasn't feeling very well. I felt good most of the day. Then my roommate's and I went to Target in the afternoon to look for a cheap Christmas tree. All of a sudden when I got there I just got hit with complete exhaustion. Felt totally out of it. And from there I got a headache and just felt really rundown. I feel a little better today. I think it's probably the start of a cold because I woke up yesterday and today with a sore throat. I've been taking Zicam though, so hopefully it won't get any worse.
I went running in the morning. I did the high-intensity interval thing again. I think I'm going to kind of switch things up throughout my week. Probably alternate between 3.8 miles of high intensity intervals, then the next day do 4.6 miles of lower intensity intervals, and maybe even just do a long walk one day. That way my body won't feel like it's doing too much, and it will help keep my body from hitting a plateau. We shall see.
Oh! The best news is that I weighed myself yesterday morning and I lost .6 pounds in two days!! That comes out to over 2 pounds a week, so hopefully it continues at that rate. I'm so excited that my alterations seem to be working! I think my main problem was I probably wasn't eating enough. I had been kind of generalizing my fruit and vegetables as about 100 calories, but I think I was probably overestimating more than I thought, so maybe my body wasn't getting enough calories. The last few days I've been measuring everything and using exact calorie numbers, so I guess that, along with adding in some additional foods and cutting down on fruit, is working. Hooray!
Breakfast: Oatmeal. Lunch: Sweet potato and green beans (I think I could eat nothing but sweet potatoes for the rest of my life and be a happy person! They're so good!!). Dinner: Chicken with mushrooms and onions and zucchini on the side. Snacks: Baby carrots and guacamole, Goat cheese, a shake, peanut butter, an apple, and raspberries.
I'll post again tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment