I weighed myself this morning. I lost 1.6 pounds. Not quite as much as I was hoping for, but I'll take it! I think I may have been eating too little the last few days...or possibly could have to do with that time of the month coming up. But like I said yesterday, I know I'm losing weight, so I'm really not worried about it. And hey, 1.6 pounds is not bad!
Today was a pretty uneventful day. I had the day off work and I took the day off exercising to rest my foot, so I really didn't have much to do. Earlier one of my roommate's was cleaning some of his stuff out of the refrigerator. I started helping and it turned into me and him going on a cleaning spree! We re-organized a bunch of our cabinets and the countertops. And then I did all the dishes, swept and hand scrubbed the floor, etc. Then we walked to Good Will (about 1 mile roundtrip) to buy a new vacuum because ours doesn't work. So I'd say for my "day off" of exercise, I did pretty well!
Food - Breakfast: Shake and an orange, Lunch: Squash "pasta" with chicken and a homemade tomato sauce, which I made up (easy and quite delicious!), Dinner: Turkey burger topped with onions and an egg, tomatoes, spinach, and green beans. Snacks: Peanut butter, raspberries, blackberries, carrots, and a shake.
I've become quite the cook lately! I guess when you're trying to eat all whole ingredients, it kind of forces you to make a lot of your own stuff rather than buying pre-packaged sauces, etc. I like it though. It feels good to know exactly what you're eating and not having to worry about how much salt or sugar is added, etc. Speaking of eating whole foods, while I definitely feel like this is a lifestyle change, I never planned to stay this hardcore on it for so long. After my first week back (after I had my horrible week), I was going to start incorporating a few more not-quite-so-healthy foods. Or at least have a splurge every few days. But I just never felt the need last week...and I didn't today either. If I'm really craving something this week, I'll probably let myself have it once. But I'm not sure that will even really happen. I just feel pretty happy with the foods I'm eating already.
While I am starting to see good results, my biggest problem lately is that occasionally when I'm feeling a little fat (which is usually only when I've just finished eating and I feel full or bloated or something), or if an old shirt or pair of pants doesn't fit as well as I think it will, I tend to get kind of down on myself and that feeling that I'm never going to get to my goal weight starts to creep in. Which is stupid. If I felt perfectly skinny all the time and every old piece of clothing I owned fit perfectly, I wouldn't still be trying to lose weight! I have about 6 weeks until I go home for Christmas, which was the original plan for hopefully being at my goal weight. So every time I start to feel bad about myself, I just repeat in my head "6 weeks, 6 weeks." I've already seen a lot of improvements in how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit, and I'm not even halfway to my goal weight yet. So I just have to remind myself that a LOT can (and WILL) change in the next 6 weeks.
Anyway, I think that's it for today. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment