I had the day off work, but I felt like I was going nonstop the whole day. I had a horrible night's sleep last night. I went to bed around 2 and didn't fall asleep until about 6:45! Ugh! And even then I only slept till noon, and I slept horribly. At least I didn't have to go to work. But I didn't feel very good when I got up, and I felt like half the day was already gone!
I took advantage of the day off and got a lot of stuff done. Did my laundry, washed my sheets, cleaned my room, vacuumed, etc. But before all that, I went running and did my weights. I think I probably burned a lot of extra calories today with all of the housework!
Ate well today, although maybe not enough because I was so distracted with everything I was doing. Breakfast: a shake and an orange and then some strawberries after my workout. I didn't get around to eating "lunch" until about 6:30. Where did the time go?? For lunch I made a sweet potato and carrot soup that I made a while back from a detox recipe book I have. The recipe has coriander and cumin in it, so it's kind of a savory and a little bit spicy soup. But I felt like embracing the Fall weather, so I put cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in it instead. OMG - SO delicious! If you like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend trying it. It's really healthy and super easy! Let me know if you want the recipe. :) Later I had some raspberries and two spoonfuls of peanut butter (for some reason I always crave peanut butter when I'm "dieting"). I realized a few minutes ago that I never really ate dinner... I think I'm going to have a shake before bed just to get a few more calories in.
It was a productive day, but also a sad one. My faithful, loyal, motivating iPod died. :( Noo!!! I'm very unhappy about this and not sure what to do. It's so much harder to workout without music! But I also can't really afford to buy a new one, especially since they just cut everyone's hours at work this week. Ugh. I guess I'll workout tomorrow and see how it goes. And maybe I'll go look at Best Buy or Wal Mart to see if I can buy a really cheap mp3 player to hold me over for a while. I definitely know one thing on my Christmas list this year!
Anyway, I think that's about it for today....work in the morning, so I really hope I can sleep tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment