Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monday, Monday

It was a very chilly day, and it feels really good to be in my cozy bed. :) It was another good day. I worked this morning. Due to it pretty much raining all day (oh, how I miss rain out here in California! Pretty much the first time I've seen it since I moved), and the restaurant I work at being in an outdoor mall, it was very slow. But I ended up making decent money because everyone but me ended up getting cut. After work, I went running with one of my room mates (in the cool air and the light rain. Awesome!) and then did my weights and ab exercises. We only went around the track at the park once (I usually go twice), but we went a different way back through our neighborhood, so I would say it was a total of just under 4 miles. It was pretty tiring today. I think I was running faster than I usually do because he was running faster and I was trying to keep up. So maybe I didn't go as far, but probably worked harder. Not bad. Two more days and I will have worked out every day of my third week!

Food was not so great today, only because I didn't eat enough. Before work, I had 3 egg whites and a strawberry and nectarine smoothie. I had some green tea at work and then got a non-fat sugar free latte on my way out of the mall. I got home from work around 5:30 and then we went running, so I didn't eat anything. Bad, I know. I just didn't really feel hungry for some reason and we had plans to hang out with one of his friends after we finished, so I didn't want it to get too late. After my workout, I ate a few baby carrots and had a spoonful of peanut butter just so I could get some protein in. Still just didn't really have an appetite. Then we went to Starbucks with his friend. I got a nonfat sugar free caramel latte there. Too much caffeine and too much artificial sweetener for the day! But it was a cold and rainy day, so coffee just sounded really good. When I got home, I made a turkey burger with grilled onions, mustard, and a little bit of horseradish sauce, and some cooked carrots on the side. I'm debating whether I should eat anything else....I hate eating so late! I need to stop doing that. It's been hard because on the nights that I work, I don't really have a choice unless I just don't eat anything from like 4:00 on. But because I've gotten used to that schedule, I'm starting to eat really late on nights I don't work either. I need to remedy this!

I was feeling like I looked really fat most of the last week. Partly because of the eating late thing, I think. But today I feel like I look a LOT better, which always helps keep me motivated! And I think something has just kind of clicked in my brain again and I feel really focused on sticking with this and finally getting the results that I want. I've been in a much better mood the last two days, and this is the only thing that's changed. I just feel so much better when I know I'm really working toward something and doing what I need to do to make myself feel better. Hopefully I'll remember that the next time I'm faced with a temptation.

Anyway, I'm going to chill out for a bit and then hopefully pass out. I haven't been sleeping very well again...and when I do, I'm generally dreaming nonstop about serving. Ugh! I hate that! Hoping for a good night's sleep tonight, and I'm off work tomorrow. Sweet!

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment