Today was better than yesterday, thankfully. Work was ok. It felt pretty much back to normal (although the stupid boss wasn't there today), so hopefully it will continue that way. I had a moment in the afternoon/evening where I just wanted to eat, although I knew it wasn't due to hunger. I started to indulge it a little, but stopped myself. I really wasn't in the mood to work out, but I knew I'd feel better once I did - even if it was just because it was done for the day and I didn't have to feel guilty about not going. I ran/walked the 4.6 miles and then went an extra half mile to help compensate for the extra calories I had yesterday. I also walked to the store afterwards, which is roughly half a mile round trip. I did my weight exercises and ab work when I got home from running. I'm working my legs and shoulders/back this week and man, I chose some hard exercises! I'm dying by the end of them! But it feels good to know I'm pushing myself.
Sometimes I feel really excited and motivated about the fact that I have a plan to get in shape and feel healthier and better about myself. But today was not one of those days. It's easy to workout or eat well when you feel motivated, it's much harder when you don't. So I feel good about the fact that I still made myself workout today. It helps me believe that I can really stick with this for the long haul.
I ate well today. Normally when I have a day that I go off my diet and eat too much, I get really freaked out about it and try to do everything I can to counteract it. So I put a lot of restrictions on myself for the next day or the rest of the week (such as reducing my calories by an extra 300 a day, or only eating vegetables and fruits, etc.). I did a little bit of extra exercise today, but other than that, I wasn't going to freak out about it. Usually when I add more restrictions, I just get overwhelmed and feel the need to rebel even more. So I wasn't going to do that this time. If I wanted chocolate again today, fine - as long as I stayed within my calorie limit. For breakfast I had raspberries and a bagelthin with cream cheese. For lunch I had grilled chicken, yellow squash (cut like pasta), mushrooms, garlic, fresh basil, and a little bit of butter. This might be the best thing I've ever made! Then I had some strawberries and two spoonfuls of peanut butter for snacks. After I worked out, I was really not interested in food at all. I had planned to make a big dinner, but decided I really didn't want to cook and I just wanted something light and simple. I went to the store and bought Cheerios. Yum. It was exactly what I needed. Sometimes you just can't beat cereal! I didn't eat anything after dinner. I didn't have any chocolate all day (for the first day in a while) and probably the most unhealthy thing I ate was peanut butter (which isn't bad - especially since the brand I have is all natural). I guess letting go of the guilt from yesterday and not adding restrictions really worked. I am about 400 calories below my daily limit.
I'm exhausted...the workout really wore me out tonight. Think I'm going to go pass out. Good night!
That chicken with squash idea sounds amazing! I love squash so much. I want to try spaghetti squash this Fall - I've never had it before bet I hear it's quite delicious. hehe
ReplyDeleteKeep up to good work, Em! I'm proud of you!
er, THE good work.. lol
ReplyDeleteThanks! Spaghetti squash is pretty good, but it has more of a flavor in itself, so I think it's harder to really think of it as pasta. Plus it's a little bit watery. I usually use zucchini, because it's a little less flavorful, so it's more like pasta when you put sauce or whatever on it. But the texture is a little off. I guess yellow squash is a little softer than zucchini, because it came out perfect! Plus, the color being more like pasta helps, too. I definitely suggest it! Best way to do it is get a peeler that has a julienne blade, so you can cut it in the shape of pasta. Then just sautee in a frying pan. Really easy! :)
ReplyDelete