Monday, October 18, 2010

Excuses, Excuses

This day was a mess because I ended up pretty much having to work a double at work (unscheduled!) and was there all day. So I didn't run. And because I only had a 40 minute break in between shifts, I ate at the mall where there is pretty much nothing healthy. While these things all contributed in making it more difficult to stick with my plan - I know in the end they're all just excuses and justifications of why I didn't follow through. I suck.

As stupid as this sounds as many times as I've said it now, tomorrow is the day! I am off work, I have nothing standing in my way. I will get back on track. Mark my words. I WILL GET BACK ON TRACK!!

I know I'll feel so much better once I just start working out again. I'm going to do my normal run and then possibly go to a nearby hiking trail or even just go for a really long walk. I want to spend the day being very active, not only to burn extra calories, but also to resist any temptation to eat unhealthy foods. If I'm sitting at home watching TV, it will be much more tempting. Plus, I'm hoping being outside and everything will help clear my mind a little.

I'm also going to try to focus on really eating whole, unprocessed foods like I started out doing. I let myself stray from that a little bit because I wanted to give myself a little wiggle room. But I just feel like I need to detox my system a little bit after the last few days.

Tomorrow will be a good post. This is a promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment